The Highlander Dual Meet series (aka the "Jersey Duals") began in December 1999 to offer teams a Spring Track experience during the winter season. We pair six teams up into three dual meets, and compete in 11 events. The scoring and seeding is done like a typical spring-style dual meet, with unlimited entries in most events. In the spirit of Scott Copperman's West Milford track and field programs, these meets emphasize teams over individuals; however, medals are awarded to the day's top male and female performer in each event.
We invite you to explore this page and learn more about the Highlander Duals.
Meet Information - Order of Events - Meet Records - Results - How to Contact Us
Dates and Times:
Friday, December 17, 2004 6PM - 9PM
Friday, January 7, 2005 7PM - 10PM
Monday, January 17, 2005 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM
168th Street Armory in New York City
Take the upper level of the George Washington Bridge. Get in right lane and exit at 178th street. Go through one light, and at the next light make a right turn onto Broadway. Go 10 blocks south and make a right turn onto 168th Street, then go one block to Fort Washington Avenue. The Armory entrance is at the Corner of 168th and Fort Washington Ave.
- You will be allowed unlimited entries in all running events except 4x400.
1 Varsity 4x400 per gender per school, 2 JV 4x400s per gender per school.
- The field
will have the following restrictions :
4 entries per gender in the Long Jump
4 entries per gender in the High Jump
4 entries per gender in the Shot Put
(Time permitting, we will allow unlimited JV throwers)
- Triple Jump and
Pole Vault will
be contested as non-scoring/exhibition events
Teams will be allowed 2 entries per gender in this event
(not counted against the 4 permitted by NJSIAA rules)
- The 6 schools will be paired up and scored in 3 head-to-head dual meets, with the boys and girls competing separately. Heats will be composed of two schools at a time, except where noted in the order of events.
- Scoring will be done on a 5-3-1 basis with ONLY the first heat in each pairing capable of scoring points (except in the 800). The 4x400 Relay will score 5/0.
- Medals will be awarded to the top male and female performer of the day in each event.
- 1/4" spikes will be permitted for the January dates only!.
They must be inspected and approved by Armory Track staff prior to their use in the meet.
- Officials will be hired to run events and time the scoring heats. A certified trainer will be on site.
- Each school is required to provide one helper (either adult or student) to assist officials.
- Meet officials will time the scoring heats only. Coaches are responsible for timing their own athletes.
All events will go as follows except where noted... No Finals in any event!
Boys Schools A & B Opening Heights in High Jump
Boys Schools C & D 4 0" - Girls
Boys Schools E & F 5 0" - Boys
Girls Schools A & B up by 2"
Girls Schools C & D
Girls Schools E & F 3 throws in Shot Put / 3 jumps in Long Jump
- approx. 10 minute warm-up
- 55M Dash (in infield) & Shot Put & Long Jump (Open Pit)
- Girls 3000 M
Run (All 6 schools in 1 Heat)
& 55M Hurdles (in
- 400 M Dash & High Jump (2 pits, girls & boys simultaneously)
- 1600 M Run (Boys followed by Girls, all
6 schools combined in one heat)
- 200 M Dash
- 800 M Run (Heat breakdown T.B.D.
based on field size. All
- Boys 3000 M Run (all 6 schools, one heat)
- 4x400 Relay
(Boys B & C all in one heat, Girls B & C all in one heat,
Boys Varsity all in one heat, then Girls Varsity all in one heat)
Meet Records: (all schools are from NJ unless otherwise noted)
55 Dash Andreano (Garfield) 6.5 12/02
Falgares (Vernon) 6.5 12/02
Hill (Vernon) 6.5 01/04
55 Hurdles Pohludka (Vernon) 7.3 01/04
3200 Run Rodgers (Garfield) 9:59.1 12/99
3000 Run Kornaszewski (Clifton) 9:03.8 01/04
400 Dash Whirledge (Cherokee) 50.8 01/04
1600 Run Laboi (Danbury, CT) 4:24.3 01/01
1500 Run Sullivan (West Milford) 4:27.4 12/01
200 Dash Meltzer (Clifton) 23.1 12/01
Whirledge (Cherokee) 23.1 01/04
800 Run Heerema (West Milford) 2:00.0 01/01
4x400 West Milford 3:32.6 01/04
Shot Put Viglione (Garfield) 51' 4.5" 02/03
High Jump Spoust (West Milford) 6' 2" 01/01
Kiely (NV/Old Tappan) 6' 2" 02/03
Long Jump Leslie (West Milford) 20' 8.25" 12/01
Triple Jump Stoute (Clifton) 40 8.25 02/03
Pole Vault Gunther (West Milford) 11 0 12/03
55 Dash Perkel (NV/Old Tappan) 7.5 12/02
Keller (Cherokee) 7.5 12/03
55 Hurdles Smith (NV/Old Tappan) 9.2 01/02
Wasberg (Vernon) 9.2 02/03
3200 Run Gohlich (Westwood) 12:51.0 01/01
3000 Run Burkholder (Cherokee) 10:30.7 01/04
400 Dash Douma (West Milford) 62.5 01/04
1600 Run Brown (Middletown North) 5:25.1 01/04
1500 Run DAco (Westwood) 5:13.8 12/01
200 Dash Weaver (Danbury, CT) 27.5 01/01
Keller (Cherokee) 27.5 01/04
800 Run Brown (Middletown North) 2:24.9 01/02
4x400 Cherokee 4:16.7 01/04
Shot Put Blitzstein (West Milford) 35' 3" 12/01
High Jump Zito (Middletown North) 5' 2" 02/03
Long Jump Beurgault (Danbury, CT) 15' 9" 01/01
Smith (NV/Old Tappan) 15' 9" 01/02
Triple Jump Cross (Garfield) 32' 7" 12/03
Pole Vault Langner (Clifton) 9 0 12/03
(all schools are from NJ unless otherwise noted)
Overall Team Records:
West Milford 11-0 Middletown North 7-2-1
Middletown North 5-5 West Milford 6-6
Garfield 4-4 Vernon 5-3
Vernon 4-4 Westwood 3-2
Clifton 3-7 Clifton 3-7
Danbury (CT) 1-0 NV/Old Tappan 2-1-1
Haddon Heights 1-0 Cherokee 2-2
NV/Old Tappan 1-3 Garfield 2-7
Westwood 1-4 Danbury (CT) 1-0
Wayne Valley 0-1 Wayne Valley 0-1
Contact us for more information:
Museum Curator - Highlander Duals Internet Museum